Draft Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) for Durham Dales Easington and Sedgefield, Darlington, Teesside, Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby
NHS England has asked NHS organisations to work together on improvement plans for their area, called Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) to tackle three challenges:
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the population,
- Improving the quality of care that is provided,
- Improving the efficiency of NHS services.
Our draft plan is one of 44 such plans being developed across the country, and it identifies four priority areas:
- Preventing ill health and increasing self care
- Health and care in communities and neighbourhoods
- Quality of care in our hospitals – “Better Health Programme”
- Use of technology in health care
Over the next few months, more work will be done on our plan within NHS organisations, and working with local councils and other partners, such as the voluntary sector.
A summary of the plan is available here
The full draft STP submission made to NHS England available here is a technical document containing a high level of detail service by service.